Tax Senior – Rochester, NY
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Since 1990, our firm has provided the highest quality accounting, audit, tax, financial consulting, accounting services and information systems consulting services to its clients in Upstate New York. We pride ourselves on our mission to provide independent, objective advice to our clients, while adding value through a combination of technical expertise and a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses. Each client is supported by industry specific professionals dedicated to providing both innovative and practical solutions for today's unique business needs.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and interns on tax projects
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities
- Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Assist partners on proposals and business development calls
- Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Possess an understanding of state and foreign tax issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong experience in staff and tax management
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Dedicated to superior client service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA licensed or ability to sit for the CPA exam
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably with a public accounting firm
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.