CPA Accounting Advisory Manager – Walnut Creek, CA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our Accounting Advisory team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team) provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by conducting audits for presentation to investors, representing companies in securing loans and financing, developing succession plans and exit strategies, and supporting company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration. In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Service Team works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs.
- Oversee, supervise and manage multiple accounting services for our clients.
- In charge responsibilities for small to mid-size non-profit company reviews and compilations.
- Responsible for managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial statements, and financial reports.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
- Set budgets, select staff, and assign workloads.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems and implements pragmatic solutions.
- Licensed CPA.
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting with exposure to non-profit accounting.
- Experience in a non-profit corporate accounting environment.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.