Audit Manager – Bethesda, MD
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
This is a growing CPA firm with more than 35 years of providing outstanding tax and accounting services. We are a full service firm providing traditional and non-traditional services to clients in a select group of industries. We strive for achieving excellence in providing client services and we are seeking exceptional candidates. We are seeking enthusiastic, talented, motivated and organized individuals who want to join our team of ambitious professionals in a fast-paced, but flexible and fun environment. We provide excellent training and opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Assist in all aspects of an audit engagement, including reviewing documents, testing transactions, assessing compliance with contractual requirements and regulations, and preparing financial statements
- Direct supervision of less experienced staff, perform and document audit procedures in support of the opinion rendered on the financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns for a select group of audit clients, as needed
- Communicate with other internal staff to resolve audit-related issues
- Provide responsive, high-quality attest services to clients
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from accredited college or university
- Prior work experience, either through internship or permanent position
- Integrity, dependability and trustworthiness
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Leadership experience preferred
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with ProSystem fx, CCH, RIA and/or Engagement preferred
- BS in Accounting Required
- CPA Preferred
- 7-10 years current public accounting experience
- External audit experience strongly preferred
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.