VALiNTRYfinance specializes in helping Highly-Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
- Works with clients and firm partners as audit manager to determine engagement objectives and assumes a lead role in coordinating resources to meet such objectives.
- Develops engagement budgets as an audit manager, coordinates required resources and manages performance against stated objectives to ensure that client (deliverables) and firm objectives (engagement economics) are met.
- Provides guidance and experience to ensure that engagement risks are identified and appropriate responses (including specific audit steps) are taken.
- Provides timely on-site review of and feedback on the work of Audit Seniors and Staff.
- Works with engagement and client personnel to address extremely complex audit and accounting issues, reviews financial reporting for completeness and application of GAAP and ensures that client communications (written and oral) are provided in a timely manner.
- Provides the engagement partner and other audit managers responsible for the audit with timely status updates and communicates and involves the partner in the resolution of client service, audit or accounting problems/issues as they arise.
- Works to wrap-up audit engagements in a timely and economic manner.
- Begins to develop one or more areas of technical specialization (industry related or subject matter) and begins to transition towards service to clients within such areas.
- Begins to serve as a technical consultant to other engagements and other offices that have engagement needs within the Manager's scope of expertise.
- Begins to serve in formal and informal mentoring to less experienced firm employees and as a valued colleague to other managers and senior managers.
- Contributes to overall office efficiency by providing feedback on staff performance, participating in initiatives for on-going staff development and developing a teaming culture (through informal social and professional events).
- Begins to identify opportunities for expanded services to existing clients (through the development of "trusted advisor status with clients served).
- Begins to develop outside relationships with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities (through membership involvement with professional groups, community service, and personal relationships).
- Perform other essential duties as needed as audit manager.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and develop Audit Staff and Seniors.
- Dedication to development and enhancement of team environment.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Track record of ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Superior client-serving skills.
- Audit manager experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs, general ledger packages, computerized audit applications, and web search capabilities. Experience Engagement is a plus.
- Audit management experience
EDUCATION and LICENSES:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Masters preferred
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584