VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Firm:
Originally founded in 1950, our firm currently has approximately 550 employees in 8 U.S. locations. The firm has six Texas, as well as offices in Los Angeles, California, and Connecticut. Our company is ranked the largest independent accounting firm in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information, technical guidance and conclusions on non-routine, complex issues.
- Provide feedback on performance to members within the Firm’s reporting process, monitors CPE needs and requests specialized training for staff.
- Prepares client ready deliverables that require few content changes by Senior Managers and Partners.
- Responsible for assisting and actively participating in the development of departmental training, methodology and tools.
- Assist in preparation of proposals.
- Monitor engagement progress against client expectations.
- Expanded involvement in billing responsibilities and client management.
- Expanded involvement in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop advanced knowledge in niche area.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement staff follow up on open items and issues and that engagement deliverables are completed timely.
- Demonstrate the ability to build networks of contacts and to identify opportunities for cross selling Firm services to clients by focusing on client service skills and building strong relationships with clients.
- Consistent performance of audit plan in all financial statement areas.
- Directs Senior Associates by actively managing the engagement responsibilities, which include drafting engagement letters, providing status to the client and/or engagement team as appropriate, managing actual hours incurred versus budgeted hours, and billing clients.
- Plan and execute multiple concurrent client engagements including scheduling, deploying of resources and effectively managing projects to completion.
- Assist and mentor staff, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on large complex engagements.
- Supervise staff on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Monitor and supervise progress of staff, where applicable, in all engagement phases; provide performance feedback when needed.
- Perform a review of the work prepared by others for coverage, completeness, accuracy, technical proficiency and adherence to firm standards.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the financial statement preparation process.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Consistently take ownership of assigned engagements and demonstrate the ability to plan and execute multiple concurrent engagements,
- Keep team members apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations, accounting systems, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise Senior Associates in a wide variety of industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to supervise, manage and develop staff.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.
- Experience with Public Sector preferred.
- Have a command of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles and financial statement presentations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstration of independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- Active CPA
- At least 5 + years’ experience in public accounting
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.