Audit Manager – St. Louis, MO
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region’s most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 290. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with the traditional audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services.
We also provide many of the St. Louis area’s largest companies with those value-added consulting services such as employee benefit plan audits; captive insurance company services; internal audit, IT audit and other related risk services; litigation support, valuation and other transaction advisory services; and specialty tax services such as family wealth planning, state and local taxes, including sales and use tax consulting, credits and incentives, property tax and international tax services.
- Exhibits the technical knowledge and ability to manage and oversee field work on assigned engagements in an organized and efficient manner including, but not limited to, oversight and review of engagement scheduling, engagement planning, timeline monitoring, budget monitoring, timely review of work papers, timely closing of engagement binder, timely completion of staff evaluations and other such matters and other similar items.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership skills including, but not limited to, effective and timely engagement oversight, timely and accurate communications with Seniors and Staff as well as Associate Directors and Directors; timely and accurate identification of technical issues, timely and appropriate identification of any staff issues and/or concerns, timely client communications regarding open items, and other similar items.
- Manages deadline and internal and external expectations in a timely and organized manner.
- Exhibits excellent analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and to identify engagement efficiencies.
- Exhibits excellent client service including the identification of actual opportunities to provide additional services to clients and/or non-clients.
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility of engagement and tasks assigned including the proactive communication of status, issues and other concerns with the engagement director in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with all professional and Firm requirements (e.g., personnel manual requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g. client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
- Maintains a continued base knowledge of accounting and audit requirements/regulations.
- Exhibits the ability to mentor and develop staff personnel including participation in the recruitment and retention of professional staff.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
- Must have effective leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Able to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills are essential.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s preferred
Active CPA license
Strong knowledge and experience of audits in any of the following areas a plus: Broker Dealers, Distribution, Service, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Construction, Not-for-Profit or Benefit Plan Audits industries.
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.