Governmental Audit Partner – Shawano, WI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our firm understands work-life balance. We offer various scheduling options that have enabled employees to continue growing in their professional lives while handling personal responsibilities. We offer competitive salary, exceptional benefits including 401(k) profit sharing, paid time off, wellness program and a comprehensive insurance package. We are proud to offer employees opportunities to advance. Our firm prides itself on our home town touch and promotes giving back to our local communities.
The Governmental Audit Partner Provides leadership in a specialty part of the practice and is accountable for quality client service, winning new work, adding value through insight and developing high performing teams.
The Audit Partner is responsible for supervising, directing and reviewing the results through the delegation of tasks throughout the planning, field work and "wrap-up" stages of an Audit client engagement. In this role, the Audit Partner is charged with marketing, networking and business development within an area of expertise. Traditionally responsibilities of the Audit Partner will include advising clients, resolving complex accounting issues, apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various financial reporting control systems. This position will entail presentations for clients.
- Provide high level personal financial, income tax and estate/trust planning services
- Review trust, estate and foundation tax returns
- Research tax laws, prepare tax memorandums on technical topics, and develop tax savings strategies
- Manage all aspects of client accounts and foster client relationships
- Expand services to existing clients and develop new business relationships
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
– Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant experience
– Recent public accounting experience required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Well developed and professional interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and with a customer service focus
• Superior organizational skills required with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Detail oriented with in-depth knowledge and application of English grammar and ability to proofread all written materials including proposals, pitches, presentations, etc.
Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation
Auditing experience with a governmental emphasis.
• CPA certification
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.