Audit Senior – Tomball, TX
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About this Opportunity:
Our firm is looking for a Senior Accountant that is willing to travel to coordinate and perform superior audit work in multiple inidustries resulting in a high level of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information, technical guidance and conclusions on non-routine, complex issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques for complex financial statement areas.
- Become involved in billing responsibilities and client management.
- Become involved in firm and service line administrative duties as requested.
- Develop extensive knowledge in niche area.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and sense of responsibility in ensuring follow through of open items and issues through completion.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through strong communication and project management skills.
- Effectively execute audit plan in all financial statement areas
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Execute engagement planning activities which include gathering information for time budgets, coordinating all planning activities on engagements with the supervision and guidance from more experienced staff, and designing a risk based audit approach.
- Assist and mentor Senior I Associates and Associates, actively cultivating an environment that challenges, encourages, and fosters learning.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in completing engagement objectives through effective and timely communication.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and GAAS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sufficient technical skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience supervising 2-6 or more individuals.
- Thorough understanding of common audit procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrate independent thinking and strong decision-making skills.
- Experience with a variety of industries and types of audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- Master's preferred
- Active CPA
- 3 to 4 years of recent public accounting experience
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.