Audit Senior – Gaithersburg, MD
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
About the Opportunity:
Our firm builds valuable careers with our people and helps our clients achieve their goals.
Our 4 core values – Trust, Relationships, Passion and Innovation, represent the qualities that drive our decisions and behavior. These values are reflected in our personnel and guide us in shaping the culture that sets us apart.
Thank you for your interest in. We look forward to getting to know you through the recruiting process!
- Serves the needs of the client by planning and performing audits, reviews, and compilations, in addition to any other related client needs
- Coordinates with the Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Exercises independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
- Evaluates the client’s system of internal control, and conducts the engagement plan, preparation, and execution
- Promptly brings to the attention of the Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, reflective of the company, at all times
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 4+ years of professional level accounting experience or 2+ years of public accounting audit experience required
- External audit experience strongly preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with Manufacturing & Distribution, Technology/IT, Non-Profit, and/or Employee Benefits plans is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors, clients, staff, and/or co-workers in a professional manner
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
BS in Accounting Required
4+ years of current public accounting audit experience required
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]