Audit Senior – Sycamore, WI
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About the Opportunity:
We are a regionally focused, full-service public accounting firm with three offices in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. We've been around since the 1940's but don't let that fool you – we are a modern firm with modern ideas. We utilize cutting edge technology, we invest in our team by providing ample opportunity to earn CPE, we have a generous time off policy (outside of busy season, of course), we provide competitive salaries, and, most importantly, we value our team members.
We believe that when our team gets what they need professionally, our clients will be satisfied, and our business will grow. Our team members are not only expected to take responsibility within our organization but to also continually show pride within our communities, and to have the willingness to just make things better, whether here at work or at home or wherever your heart desires.
The Auditor is responsible for work on portions of engagements involving audits and reviews and to provide support to the Senior Audit Manager and the team. The Auditor should be able to execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients. The Auditor should be comfortable with in-person client interaction as well as communication via phone and email.
- Perform audit testing activities, document processes and findings; verify assets and liabilities in accordance with audit programs.
- Work on portions of engagements involving audits and reviews.
- Prepare financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepare audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
Qualifications, Requirements, Skills and Attributes:
- Broad conceptual judgment and initiative
- Highly detail oriented with ability to focus
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy, specifically with Word, Excel, and paperless engagement software
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Valid driver's license required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Master's Preferred
- Familiar with pronouncements of the FASB and the AICPA (SAS and APB)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Active CPA
- Prior public accounting experience required
Benefits and Perks Offered:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Simple IRA Match
Flexible Spending Plan
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Paid Continuing Professional Education
Business Casual Dress Code
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 941.417.5505 | M: 941.504.3752
E: [email protected]