Audit Senior – Troy, MI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
The firm is a leading mid-market CPA firm with a great reputation and work environment. The firm is growing rapidly and looking to add a few experienced members to the Financial Institutions Group (FIG).
- Work as a member of an engagement team serving credit unions, community banks, and other financial institutions and services
- Preparation and review of financial statements, workpapers, audit programs, management reports, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing client internal controls
- Identifying and resolving client issues
- Work closely with other associates to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses; provide practical solutions and best practice recommendations
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Supervise, train and mentor junior associates and interns
- Assist in planning and managing multiple auditing engagements
- Coach and advise team members in client interactions and workload expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Earned CPA, CISA, CISSP, CSM, or CIA preferred
- Minimum 2 yeas of current experience in a similar function or practice with a Big 4/Regional Firm or relevant experience in industry
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits is desired
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- ProSystem Engagement experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Ability to travel up to 40%
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.