Audit Senior – CPA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are an accounting firm offering Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We deeply believe in the importance of our profession. Honesty and integrity govern all our actions. We work in teams to offer new perspectives, challenge assumptions, and present solutions to our clients.
The Audit Senior is involved in audit engagements, with particular focus on complex phases, including planning and wrap-up. In this role, the Audit Senior regularly resolves technical issues, analyzes challenging areas of the audit, and is responsible for supervising and training staff in certain areas of the audit. The Audit Senior will also interact with members of the team at all levels, as well as client personnel, to communicate issues encountered throughout the audit and find solutions.
- Understand audit methodology and objectives, and effectively explain technical issues to staff.
- Prepare concise and accurate work papers, which properly communicate the unique issues of the area being tested.
- Build effective working relationships with client personnel and coordinate audit requests, to meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Maintain contact with the client throughout the year and develop a thorough understanding of all facets of the client’s business.
- Create a team environment and proactively demonstrate what it means to be a team player to other staff.
- Provide a sense of direction and purpose for staff members, while earning the trust of coworkers and client representatives.
- Communicate the status of projects regularly and identify areas for audit efficiencies, utilizing available technology tools or new testing methods.
- Prepare and actively participate in firm-sponsored and outside training, while keeping current on business and technical issues.
- Participate in community and professional organizations and maintain college peer network.
- 2+ years of Current auditing experience within a public accounting firm
- Experience in complex audit issues.
- BS or MS in Accounting
- CPA license holder or eligible to sit the for the exam and actively pursuing
- Proficiency in GAAP reporting standards, Single Audit Act Standards, and Government Auditing Standards.
- Strong software skills in Word, Excel, CaseWare, & CCH ProSystem Engagement
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Strong leadership skills with a positive team player attitude
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility for regular travel to out of town clients Travel % will vary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Master's Degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA active or in process required
- 2+ years of current public accounting experience
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584