Audit Supervisor – Newburgh, NY
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
The Audit Supervisor will be part of the Audit Team, where enthusiasm and teamwork come first. The Supervisor will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate, train and promote a great working environment. We continue to grow our Nonprofit and Commercial practices and the candidate selected will have room for continued advancement and promotion throughout their career. This individual would be primarily responsible for leading and performing a variety of audit work. The Supervisor will manage audit staff at the client’s premises, supervise the engagement in the field and perform audit procedures to the appropriate extent. These duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best practices and improvements, and consider applicability of best practices for other clients.
- Research complex accounting topics and form a conclusion utilizing the Firm’s research tools (Engagement, Accounting Research Manager and PPC ETools, etc.).
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training entry level staff on internal control processes and develop comments for management letters.
- Understand risk assessment process and apply knowledge in completing all related forms
- Prepare financial report (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Understand cash flow effects of complex activities (non-cash, acquisitions, etc.).
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and determine reasonableness.
- Seek to understand the client’s business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and shows sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up, and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and write detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines; identify roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years prior experience in public accounting.
- Significant experience in the industry or technical expertise in financial reporting and GAAP.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various local client sites.
As a reminder, we can only work with candidates that have public accounting experience within the past 3 years.