This individual will build and support enterprise IT systems infrastructure and services for the enterprise and its growing infrastructure needs as well as manage the desktop support staff. This position will play a key role in facilitating the enterprise rapid growth by ensuring that new systems and technologies are selected and implemented in an optimal manner, and that existing systems are well-maintained as well as ensure that technical support services are delivered to internal corporate users.
- Configure and Maintain dev, test, and prod servers in Microsoft Azure cloud environment. Systems include but are not limited to:
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Operational Insights
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Image creation, application packaging, security updates and patch packaging, reporting, etc.
- Ability to provide guidance on automating procedures; scripting knowledge in PowerShell preferred.
- Architect, design, and deploy distribution points to different sites, as needed.
- Knowledge of O365 and Azure cloud infrastructures.
- Design, implement, and maintain consistent backup and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Provide direction in complex problem solving situations and participate in direct interaction with internal staff as required.
- Provide regular status reports and gather requirements from departments and provide input into the infrastructure products that are bought or built.
- Collaborate with operations, QA and third-party vendors to provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of company dev, test and prod servers.
- Interact with customers at the technical level, as required.
- Support dev, test, and prod servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time.
- Ability to document findings, processes, procedures, and reports for information sharing.
Qualified applicant must be interested in building expertise in least some of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Cloud Services: Office 365, Windows Azure, and Windows Intune
- Active Directory and Windows PowerShell
- Enterprise storage and networking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:|
|Manages the day-to-day infrastructure and provides support other IT team members as related to infrastructure.|
|Analyzes, installs, configures and troubleshoots associate issues relating to hardware, software, network and communications|
|Ensure the desktop support team documents all configurations, images and resolutions relating to PC's, networks, software, and issues|
|Provide direction and oversight of the desktop support team to ensure they consistently follows standard troubleshooting steps to resolve problems and that they document and evaluate incidents and problems on the various desktop systems|
|Documents, recommends, and adheres to strategic direction, standards, methodologies, tools, priorities, and approaches for the provision and management of the department's infrastructure, network, applications, and security.|
|Manages the impact to the department's infrastructure, operations, and security when IT solutions are modified or implemented|
|Establishes and maintains positive relationships with Operations, our customer and partners to support needs and strategies|
|Understands the business needs of a variety of customers and balances fulfillment of those needs with considerations of broader department objectives.|
|Works within company guidelines and best practices to develop and disseminate security, and infrastructure and application support standards, guidelines, and direction.|
|Identifies issues and opportunities, analyzes problems and alternatives, and develops sound conclusions and recommendations.|
|Communicates effectively verbally and in writing|
- Dedication and commitment to customer service focused delivery of solutions;
- Demonstrated evidence of technical experience;
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience, which has included the successful operations, maintenance, and support of complex, multi-location systems;
- Strong understanding of the relationship between applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, and networks;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to link work prioritizes to business imperatives;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with IT leadership teams, and with the ability to build coalitions across the Department;
- Creates measurable milestones and monitors progress against these goals;
- Ability to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, and vendors;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical manuals;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
- Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
- Possesses the cultural attributes of the organization and understands how to work in a small fast paced environment.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure and the configuration and use of the environment.
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage