The overall purpose/primary function of this position is to be responsible for the deployment / engineering / recommendation of cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS, etc.), participation in production deployments, capacity planning, backup strategies, and integration planning / execution. This includes maintenance, enhancements, upgrades/updates and tuning across multiple functional environments. The candidate will also serve as level 1 and/or 2 support for incidents, as needed.
- Responsible for the Administration of Services running in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, Salesforce, etc.) that maintains the operational integrity of systems/technologies on a 24×7 basis. Perform daily tasks within the scope of the role including but not limited to, health checks, routine maintenance, review patch/maintenance levels, promote code / services, update and create documentation and proactively support the services in production and non-production environments. This position also interfaces with 3rd party Managed Services and vendors, as well as in-house IT to support services, specifically for problem, incident and change management.
- Perform internally generated research on new cloud-related products and technologies. Be a cloud services subject matter expert (SME) – assist IT personnel when required in a consulting capacity in order to ensure project success. This is accomplished through meeting set objectives, and mentoring other members of IT when it comes to cloud services.
- Provide level 1 & 2 problem and incident response support for the enterprise production and non-production environments as well as for applications and services within the scope of the Technical Services infrastructure including domestic as well as global infrastructure components/systems where applicable. This includes on-call support activities and weekend/after hours as required.
- Responsible for providing estimates for projects/initiatives, tracking time, and communicating as it relates to assigned projects/initiatives.
- Performs other duties as needed
Some travel may be required between the different office locations as the need arises for site visits/team meetings, project requirements, customer interfacing, disaster recovery, and compliance audits. Expected travel is demand-based and will average 10% – 20% of time.
Requirements and Qualifications
Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
Three years of Cloud Administration support, with at least six years in IT
Extensive experience with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services, or the like
In depth understanding of the service offerings available and their application
System / Application administration experience, preferably Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, or Windows running in the cloud
Some experience with TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, Routing, Switching, Clustering, Load balancing, LAN in the cloud
Experience with cloud security is a plus
Experience with Java application server (Tomcat, Weblogic, WebSphere, etc.) administration in the cloud is a plus
Web server (Apache, NGINX, IIS, etc.) experience in the cloud is a plus
Excellent customer service, communication, and technical documentation skills
Experience with Docker or similar container technologies is a plus
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and become the subject matter expert
Strong self-sufficiency, initiative, and work ethic
Proven communication and technical writing skills
Ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction
Knowledge of service management processes (e.g. ITIL) is a plus
Knowledge working in an Agile environment is a plus
Ability to adapt, and work autonomously in a 24 x 7 global business
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage