Join the team that's helping make home ownership affordable and the American Dream of owning a home a reality!
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a team Technical Engineers to ensure business and technical requirements are met in the design, implementation and execution of the IT infrastructure environment.
- Plan, document, manage and evaluate performance of staff. Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
- Review and managebudgets. Partners with business domains to provide inputs to business cases to establish business, financial and technology plans.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized.
- Manage engineering projects to keep infrastructure current (both available and developing technology), to phase out higher risk equipment, to ensure reliable data disaster recovery and contingency solutions, and to improve data reliability and performance.
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies. Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Confer with project manager(s) or provide project management regarding applications and technologies and ensure that project related risks are mitigated. Ensure project is designed to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Establish strategic direction for operating system platforms including technology reviews, analysis and selection in order to ensure company has adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for various applications.
- Develop architecture strategies to ensure that current products can continue to evolve into the next generation storage, to ensure cost-effective data protection solutions, and to ensure scalable solutions for enterprise-wide deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Software Development full-lifecycle for mission critical and complex strategic initiatives.
- Experience managing multiple Agile Scrum teams
- Experience managing teams that are geographically distributed
- Familiarity or Experience with emerging technologies
- Experience managing technology product vendors
- Customer-Centric mindset and relationship building skills
- People management ability to lead, coach, and mentor staff
- Experience working in complex, enterprise level applications.
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Oversee the development, QA and production environments including change management and release management processes
- Partner with infrastructure teams to provide specifications for all new systems