The Desktop Support Engineer III will be responsible for developing software applications using software development languages such as Visual Basic, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell to package, re-package or customize software and applications for deployments to the enterprise.
The Desktop Support Engineer II will be responsible for developing custom Windows 10 and Windows 7 images for deployment to the enterprise using software development languages such as MDT, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell. The Desktop Support Engineer II will be responsible for maintenance and day to day support of the enterprise SCCM, ViewFinity, and Bomgar environments. The individual will be responsible for the deployment of patches and updates to all networked workstations. The individual will also be responsible for monitoring and managing the security settings on the Windows workstations as defined by the minimum security baselines provided by corporate IT.
- Develop software for the installation or deployment of packages using various software development and programming languages such as Visual Basic, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell.
- Perform direct / query-based deployment of patches, Microsoft Updates and applications to PC's on the network using approved automation tools and producing success / failure reports for the deployment
- Develop customized reports writing SQL Code to report on the inventory of installed hardware and software.
- Administer SCCM, Viewfinity, and Bomgar Servers including administering policies and tuning for reliability and performance
- Develop and deploy custom reference images (desktop, Laptop, Server) using various software development and programming languages such as Visual Basic, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell.
- Work with vendors as needed to resolve application issues
- Communicating day-to-day activities, operational challenges, or general feedback to Senior Management through defined reports and regular meetings
- Responsible for special projects as needed related to the support we provide our customers or the support of our IT environment.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Training to Internal/External Departments
- Stay current with changes in hardware / software technologies
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong problem analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- 5 years developing and implementing SCCM infrastructures
- 5 years of experience administering SCCM
- 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Server 2008 or newer and Windows Desktop operating systems
- 5 years of experience developing software for the installation or deployment of packages using various software development languages such as Visual Basic, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell.
- Extensive experience with developing software using various programming languages such as Visual Basic, Batch, Wise, and PowerShell
- Experience with Citrix, Bomgar and Viewfinity preferred, but not required
- In-depth Microsoft SQL Server knowledge to support SCCM operations and reporting.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage