Manager, Application and Database Development
The IT Application Development manager is a strong leader with technical expertise and responsible for project Delivery and provides thought leadership in multiple relevant disciplines as well as proven Technologist. The selected candidate would be responsible to provide technical leadership in the design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. The manager will be leading a multi-disciplinary team of software and database developers including outsourced contractors to deliver software solutions. The position is responsible for managerial activities including managing of performance, coaching of team members and ensures that all direct reports produce routine delivery of high-quality deliverables that satisfy business requirements and meet standards.
The Technical manager position is in Nashville, TN and is responsible for supporting the current application platform while leading the development of the next generation clinical IT platform that will enable the safe, effective, efficient delivery of care by supporting integrated care and delivering a superior patient, physician, and teammate experience to improve the health-related quality of life for patients.
- Manages a development team of highly skilled software developers having development experience on .NET C#, Angular delivering software solutions and collaborates with the Product Owner, Product Manager, QA Manager, Business Analysts, Technical Architects and others during the delivery of the project. Microservices based architecture a plus
- Manages IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision scheduling, development, coaching and counseling and performance appraisal
- Works with the Technical Architects to guide their team members with the solution design, implementation, and verification.
- Partners with the Technical Architect to provide guidance in technical designs and helps team develop effective, maintainable, high quality code in a timely fashion
- Possesses a wide range of experience and the ability to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Holds regular 1-1 conversations with team to ensure clarity on goals and progress; provides constructive feedback to help individual improve
- Lead and participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Acts as an evangelist for change and constant innovation.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely express solutions/ideas verbally or via written text and diagrams
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope. Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of production applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Champions a continuous improvement mindset including identifying new approaches and processes that would contribute to improvements in the team, its implementations, and the Company's product suite
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
- 10 or more years of software development experience required
- 6 plus years of people leader experience to include responsibility for teams of both employee and contractor developers and SQA engineers (local and remote).
- Demonstrate depth of experience in a technical discipline to have sufficient expertise and credibility to provide direction and leadership to others.
- Expert understanding Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience developing and implementing software product roadmaps.
- Strong ability to present complex topics to a variety of audiences including business and technology leaders as well as technologists.
- 3 or more years development experience on Web and digital based applications and experience on .NET C# Technologies and Angular based architecture is required
- Experience with Cloud technologies, design and architecture with preferred working on Azure Cloud platform
- Experience developing software in an Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent technical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with an executive audience, and clearly communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Application development experience in .NET C#, Angular Material Design, HTML5, CSS3, Telerik.
- Experience with Azure Cloud development with Multi-Tenancy, Platform as a Service and Rest API. Microservices and Azure B to C experience is a plus.
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server 2016, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS including ability to develop customized queries to successfully complete tasks.
- Experience in n-tier, cross-technology application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Experience in application performance tuning
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage