The Director of Data Services will play an impactful role delivering data integration, data warehouse, and BI solutions for our business users and clients.
- Play a key role in solving business problems.
- Build relationships with clients, business stakeholders, and end users in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide guidance on development best practices for development and delivery management.
- Practice agile and guide teams to follow agile methodology to deliver technology products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct a department dedicated to building and maintaining enterprise data management solutions including data integration, BI, and Data warehouse.
- Engage with business owners to understand business needs and communicate effectively with teams across the company to deliver solutions.
- Plan, architect, estimate and deliver solutions for data management across the enterprise.
- Work with project management with estimation and planning for larger projects by identifying tasks, owners, deliverables, and coming up with feasible timelines.
- Lead development efforts keeping the team accountable and driving results.
- Identify challenges (technical and non-technical), finding solutions to help the team move forward.
- Prioritize workload for individual contributors on the team based on skillset and availability.
- Drive innovation building a roadmap for modernizing the data management, reporting, and analytics systems using the latest technologies.
- Improve team members competencies by identifying areas of development, work with them on improving skills – technical and non-technical by giving actionable feedback and coaching.
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Healthcare Administration or another related field.
- 12+ years of experience developing end to end data management solutions on using Microsoft data platform using SSIS / SSRS / SSAS / TSQL / SQL SERVER / POWER BI in a fast-paced delivery focused environment.
- 5+ years' experience as a development manager / team lead preferred.
- Prior experience as a data architect working on ETL / BI / DW / Database architecture preferred.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in MS BI stack.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of ETL / Data Integration patterns best practices.
- Experience with cloud technologies, API integration patters, big data solutions preferred.
- Experience with building modern data warehouse using current technologies and services.
- Experience with healthcare payer data – claims, eligibility, authorization, CMS data set – RAPS / MOR / MMR etc. preferred.
- Should understand development best practices and be capable of guiding developers to implement those.
- Ability to design solutions for complex data flows, reports, and dashboards.
- Heavy attention to detail and be quality focused.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Driven, can-do attitude, patient and adaptable.
- Proactive problem-solving capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit.
- Mentor and manage junior team members.
- Demonstrated ability to turn end-user requirements into actionable tools and insights.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]