VALiNTRY is seeking a fully remote IMS Mainframe Administor for one of our amazing clients!
Manage IMS Mainframe databases adhering to company regulations and security standards. Assist with testing of new/improved systems, as well as product upgrades. Attend meetings and interact regularly with management and the Team.
• Participate in Disaster Recovery Exercises.
• Provide database support to client Applications.
Bachelor’s degree/technical certification in Computer Science or related field or 5 – 7+ years of Mainframe DB2 Database Administration experience.
1. Strong DBRC skills, database and RECON maintenance commands, user keys, etc. a MUST.
2. Strong experience with JCL, TSO/ISPF, IBM and z/OS utilities
3. Strong experience with IMS access via CICS, MQ and open system ODBC, JDBC drivers.
4. Proficient in IMS performance evaluation and tuning when necessary.
5. Experience using IMS catalog, IMS Explorer, SPOC Type2 commands, IMS Connect.
6. Familiarity supporting environments requiring database extended 24/7 availability.
7. Experienced in providing quality off-hours on-call support.
8. Experience with DR Exercise.
9. Experience with HALDB a plus.
Verbal and written proficiency in English.
• Experience in working closely with client account teams.
• Strong communications skills required for daily client interfacing.
• Participation in On-Call rotation schedule as required.
• Experience with DB2 version 10 and the new capabilities of version 11.
• Project Management skills are a plus.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs