The Information Technology (IT) Asset Manager is responsible for the management of software and hardware technology assets. The person in this role is responsible for providing data analysis to support the effective management of digital technology assets, whether owned and managed by IT, third-party service providers or business units outside IT.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Standardize process, metrics and to populate the application with IT Asset Information
- Deploy Asset Management Application – ManageEngine
- Maintaining software asset management (SAM) tools including accurate inventory of software, software models, entitlements, costs, etc.
- Maintaining software harvesting and metering (automation or manual processes)
- Maintaining hardware asset management (HAM) tools including hardware models, costs, funding type (lease or purchase), depreciation, etc.
- Managing the hardware life cycle to include selection, negotiation, implementation, depreciation planning and decommissioning
- Handling the purchase order creation and the purchasing of hardware and software
- Receiving inventory and maintaining the stockroom (physical and/or virtual) for equipment and entitlements
- Serving as a project manager on true-up audits and asset renewal projects by gaining agreement on timelines, deliverables and effectively escalating issues
- Developing and managing a software audit management plan, including but not limited to, pro-active entitlement monitoring
- Working with the IT leadership group and participating in the development of strategic sourcing strategies and vendor relationship management strategies for all aspects of IT
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, business management or related field is a PLUS
- At least 3-5 years of IT asset management experience
- Experienced with implementing and deploying an asset management system
- Manage Engine Service Desk is a PLUS
- IT Asset Management certification (CITAM) is a PLUS
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
20% Travel to California and throughout Florida
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage