Valintry is seeking a IT Systems Manager in Birmingham, AL
- The IT Systems Manager is responsible for the reliable operation of the organization's server and storage infrastructure and supporting Information Technology (IT) staff.
- A leadership position with direct point of responsibility for the management and service delivery of a large scale, highly complex Server and Storage technical infrastructure, the Manager/Systems Administrator role consists of the following primary activities.
- Work within a team environment to support current systems, to architect and design solutions, to resolve complicated support requests, and to direct, coordinate and prioritize support resource assignments and deliverables.
- Manage and provide day to day leadership to staff members; explain overall department direction to staff and assesses staff contributions to that direction. Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
- Manage system resources to run and maintain, monitor and refresh current systems; to implement proactive and preventative measures to ensure reliable and efficient system availability; and to review and recommend opportunities to implement efficiencies and cost saving measures with an eye toward long-term sustainability and best practice standards.
- Identify and analyze gaps and opportunities for the deployment of IT assets, tools and solutions, to facilitate process improvements, service enhancements, and cost saving opportunities; leverage and improve upon existing technology portfolio to create efficiencies and increase resource stewardship; analyze current service delivery capabilities and assist with, suggest, plan, and implement short and long-term improvements and procedures in support of strategic IT goals, projects and enterprise initiatives.
- Provide project leadership and coordination; act as point of responsibility and information for all server and storage related infrastructure projects and project deliverables.
- Interfaces with customers to address issues, requests and service level delivery; serves as the principal leadership point of contact within the server and storage service domain; is the owner for domain related change management events with event communication responsibilities during major event windows.
- The escalation point for all domain related domain specific resources, including afterhours, maintenance windows and downtime events; will also hold leadership responsibility for any unplanned downtime events. The individual in this position must be able to perform duties outside of non-business hours as required.
- Perform systems contract management, including the management of support and maintenance agreements, inventory lifecycle and budget management.
- Develop use/business cases for capital deployment justification and validation with clear documentation and demonstration of value creation or need
- Work closely with IT leadership and security in the development and implementation of IT policy, security controls, enterprise IT standards, governance and best practices.
- Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and ten (10) years of related experience required.
- Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Qualifications (preferred skills) :
- Solid experience managing the server and storage IT service delivery function for a large hospital environment across multiple redundant data centers with comfort level managing and navigating within a large cross-functional and matrixed environment.
- Experience leading and managing teams architecting and supporting enterprise directory and infrastructure services (AD and SUN); virtualization (server and network) (Citrix, VMWare, VDI); infrastructure, web, and application servers (Microsoft, Unix/Linux and Solaris); infrastructure automation and reporting; storage area networks (Hitachi) and fiber channel fabrics.
- Experience leading a team of storage and server leaders, architects, and support persons across day and afterhours shifts.
- Ability to adapt and implement best practice methodologies and new technologies in support of multi-level requirements and constraint
- Experience coordinating and leading infrastructure projects, both departmental and customer driven, ensuring the timely delivery of requirements to plan and budget.
- Ability to get results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing service delivery, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skill, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of stake-holders; is able to clearly convey in a relevant fashion complex information, concisely and accurately.
- Negotiation and conflict management experience a plus.
- Experience leading and supervising technical staff teams including development, training, delegation, and timely completion of performance evaluations.
This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
to use Ginger
consist of the following primary activities