This is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual to join our growing IT department as a Jr Systems Administrator. This role will work closely with the IT Director to support manufacturing facilities and a datacenter as well as any additional locations. This individual would take on both helpdesk & system administration responsibilities, including basic infrastructure administration.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage installed systems and infrastructure
- Manage security efforts including patch management, endpoint security, and system backups
- Contribute to new technology implementations, upgrades, and conversions
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the technical environments
- Setup new user accounts with appropriate system access
- Manage and distribute computer hardware and software to staff personnel
- Provide technical assistance and ongoing support for technology users and resolve problems and/or determine appropriate direction for resolution for both on-site and remote locations
- Identify/troubleshoot software issues relating but not limited to Windows 10, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, security/antivirus, and other proprietary software specific to the printing manufacturing process
- Identify/troubleshoot hardware and basic network issues for desktop computers, laptops, printers, network shares, mobile devices, and telephone system devices
- Maintain Windows 10 standard image for deployment to new computers and support remediation
- Taking on server responsibilities, including, setting up Dell servers and installing Windows OS and Dell drivers, as well as creating a new VM server utilizing Hyper-V. Backing up servers in Veeam
- Provide on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions for all locations
- Work flexible hours that require some evening and weekends base on project work and upgrades
- Able to travel to our Irving, TX for datacenter server & network support, maintenance, and installs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while providing an excellent customer-service experience
- Collaborate well within the department to research and resolve problems
- Prioritize work with a focus on user satisfaction and follow-through
- Basic technical understanding of network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, firewalls, and IP addressing protocols
- Experience with Windows 10, Mac OS, and Office 365 including Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Windows Server 2016+, Active Directory / DNS / GPO, Remote Desktop Services, and Hyper-V virtualized environments
- Use of PowerShell and SQL scripting a plus
- Excellent technical knowledge of servers, desktops, laptops, and printer configuration and troubleshooting
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC hardware and software issues as required.
- Adaptive to learning new technology and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in computer science/related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting/daily administration of network issues.
- 2+ years of experience in Window's server/Active Directory administration and monitoring.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required, in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 1+ year of experience in the manufacturing industry
- This position is a combination of prolonged sitting periods and at times moderately active which requires a minimum level of physical ability sufficient to lift, carry, move and stack IT equipment weighting up to 50 lbs. Bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, reaching and walking for short periods of time.
- Local travel will be required for data center support, maintenance and installs.
- Out of state travel once every 3 to 6 months
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Apply for this Job *Required Fields
Refer a friend *Required Fields
[contact-form-7 id="231" title="Refer a friend"]