The senior project specialist is responsible for planning and managing multiple small, medium and large sized creative digital marketing projects from initiation through implementation. Responsibilities will also include managing project status and communications, resources, change requests, risks and issues to ensure optimal progress is achieved and maintained. Pivotal to the timely and successful execution of digital marketing assets, the senior project specialist manages multiple project staff team members across numerous simultaneous digital projects on a daily basis. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays high competency in project management, working in a fast-paced and complex environment, execution of large projects, and working under multiple and competing deadlines.
- Leads and directs projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsor and team.
- Responsible for all project management deliverables; scope, schedule, and communication plan.
- Coaches, monitors and communicates the progress of project delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of project status in terms of forecast, schedule and assessment of risk/issues.
- Calculates critical path of project schedule(s). Creating and tracking project plans, milestones, and deliverables.
- Ensure requirements and project timelines are clearly communicated and understood with all relevant parties.
- Logs and tracks project risks and issues to ensure ownership is established and progress is made towards resolution with escalation being sought when needed.
- Align resource allocation to ensure proper project prioritization.
- Continually reviews and reevaluates available resources to determine project resource surplus and shortfalls.
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Proactively anticipates project risks and scope creep early and often to foresee potential problems, and presents solutions to management.
- Lead team meetings to review current projects, strategize new projects, determine priorities and establish deadlines.
- Adheres to all project management process guidelines and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project specialists, as well as project team members; influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Contributes and participates in continual process improvement for the project management team.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create lessons learned to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify and document opportunities for: efficiency and process improvements; Lessons learned from previous rollouts and application to future deployments or/or operational support.
- Independently manage projects and produce reports as assigned by leadership.
- Uses judgment and discretion in escalating issues to leadership.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction) while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to focus detailed concentrated effort on multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills – oral, written, formal and informal.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to drive diverse viewpoints to consensus.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and problems, determining the root cause and identifying a resolution quickly.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Ability to manage remote and local resources and logistics.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, requirements, and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Experience managing projects with a minimum of ten resources assigned and project durations of at least 6 months.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects.
- Proficient with project management tool(s) such as Workamajig Platinum.
- Experience managing projects with Regional Teams
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution
- Certificate in Project Management
- Provides direction to project team members.
- Receives direction from Senior Manager, Directors and Project Owners.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage