The Network Administer role is responsible for all aspects of the network administration including design and infrastructure development and deployment, virtual and physical servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software office systems, and user administration. This position requires immediate response to system outages and emergencies via remote access or on-site assessment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Configuration, Installation, and Maintenance of all Network systems and Servers – Administration of the network through an Active Directory environment. Maintain all physical and virtual servers including but not limited to exchange online, sql, and file servers. Setup and configuration of network devices (switches, routers, etc).
– Maintenance/Upgrade Servers and Desktops – Perform any necessary patching and or upgrades on servers, network equipment, desktops, and corporate applications
– User Support – Support client network connections, devices, and company approved software
– Design and Implement new IT systems – Works closely with the Director of I.T. Infrastructure in assisting with planning, development, and deployment of new IT systems, and recommends solutions for improvements to the current IT systems.
– Inventory – Maintains accurate inventory and reporting on all corporate IT components, including hardware, software, user accounts, and network related equipment.
– Quality Assurance – Perform testing of approved software and hardware at the direction of the Director of I.T. Infrastructure.
– Documentation – Develops and assist in the documentation of IT functions and procedures.
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have the knowledge and understanding of enterprise level IT infrastructure and applications
• Ability to operate and have availability during non-standard business hours and weekends, as needed
• Must possess good IT technical, problem solving, and logical computer trouble shooting skills.
• Exhibits dedication and thoroughness while still meeting deadlines
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Should possess experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems for servers and desktops, Office 365, Terminals Services, VMWare, Cisco, Client, and Meraki wireless technologies.
• Familiarity with Veeam Backup Software, Cisco Call Manager, SQL a plus.
• Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs
• 4 year degree Computer Science/ Information Systems or 2 yr. Computer Science education with comparable experience
• 2+ years Network Administration experience
• Appropriate technical certifications are desired