The Network Engineer will assist with the installation and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems, follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving readily identifiable problems and ssist in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and two (2) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist co-workers to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other Network related hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, automated alerts, notifications, and/or e-mails/ticketing system regarding network connectivity problems.
- Ensure network connectivity of all network devices
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in maintaining all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and install equipment into network equipment racks
- Available for afterhours on call support
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
IT Recruiting Manager
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage