The Senior Network Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operations of network related security infrastructure worldwide.
Technologies include next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls, proxies, advanced malware prevention, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
Daily tasks consist of but not limited to change and configuration management of firewall policies, Tier III-IV troubleshooting, patching, capacity management and system upgrades to network security infrastructure.
This position will also participate in Cyber Security Incident Response activities. Role reports to the Security Operations Manager.
Technical expertise combined with positive, collaborative, can do attitudes are required to make this team successful.
Travel: Less than 5%.
Work from Home: 20-50%
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area, preferred
- 5+ years of advanced network security experience within large-scale global operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to security operations technologies.
- Security infrastructure experience pertaining to Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Enterprise Log Management, Load-Balancers, WAFs, VPN, DLP, Forensic Analysis, and SIEM
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative interpersonal communication skills
- Expertise knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dumps using Wireshark, HTTPWatch, tcpdump, Fiddler, and similar tools
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluecoat Proxy with certification as a Blue Coat ProxySG Administrator.
- FireEye HX & NX experience and certifications.
- F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) expertise & Exam 303-BIG-IP ASM Specialist.
- Cisco ASA & Firepower with CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security certifications.
- Experience operating within AWS and Azure environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Palo Alto firewall products with certification as a Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Engineer (PCNSE).
- SANS/GIAC certifications
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.