This is a clerical/technical position that provides backup and support to a team of professionals and managers from two departments within a government organization. This position schedules appointments, answers phones and provides information to callers. It also requires significant responsibility with careful attention to detail, sound judgment and excellent customer skills. It is the initial point of contact for customers and acts as the primary contact for individuals making application for specific permits. This position ensures that permit applications are completely filled out and all required information, signatures, related forms, plans, calculations and specifications are provided. It also verifies that all submitted items comply with policies and legal standards for submission for public record. Initializes permit records and reviews electronic permit submissions for completeness and accuracy.
The work also involves greeting customers, directing them to the right location, scheduling meetings, word processing, report generation, development of presentation materials and data entry, answering a multiline telephone system, scanning, filing, faxing, copying; and all required permit processing requirements: application review, payment processing, workflow tasks, account balancing and permit issuance.
- Schedule appointments, conferences and travel arrangements and maintains the calendar for the Department Head. Including the coordination of the scheduling of after hour inspections, design reviews, and other customer requested meetings.
- Create documents, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and correspondence as required. Edit and/or prepare documents for publication as directed. Create and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Initiate requisitions, contracts, purchase orders and check requests as directed.
- Coordinate various required certification and license renewals for the department.
- Reviews permit applications and documents for completeness and accuracy, verifying proper signatures, licensing, project address and work description and ensures permits are processed according to requirements.
- Updates permit information as documentation is received, such as particular form requirements, project amendments and bulletins, and others.
- Verifies required electronic seals and signatures are provided on submitted plans.
- Assists individuals making application for permits either in person or electronically.
- Collects fees and prepares daily financial reports for finance department.
- Issues permits after they have been reviewed and approved.
- Registers and updates contractors electronically to ensure license requirements have been satisfied.
- Backup as a Permit Technician to another department
- Demonstrate proficiency and is entirely self-sufficient in the use of various computer applications, including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook. Must be proficient in the use of the Internet and in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Perform all work assignments in a professional and confidential manner.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The individual must speak English, must be able to clearly and articulately communicate through both the spoken and written word and must have a good command of English grammar and spelling. The individual will be proficient in the preparation and issuance of routine business correspondence and will occasionally process prescribed modifications to other documents or contracts.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute area, volume, rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Readily able to distinguish critical communications or needs from those of a noncritical nature and be able to act accordingly. Demonstrate the ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to operate a personal computer to retrieve and input information.
- Must have the ability to type effectively at 30-40 words per minute.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and a minimum of two years of clerical experience including customer service; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience, preferably in the field of architecture, engineering, building inspection, construction or contracting.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
- Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under our commercial vehicle program.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
IT Recruiting Manager
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage