Valintry is seeking a Principal Software Engineer – Full Microsoft Stack in Eden Prairie, MN
- The Principal Software Engineer (PSE) is a member of a highly-motivated team.
- This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience.
- The PSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices.
- The PSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects.
- The PSE will own components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members; scaling projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs and ensuring quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Scrum team to develop our new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities. May oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate. Lead other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines; identify, track and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 8 years' experience, or Master's Degree in Computer Science and 6 years' experience with a minimum of 3 years' experience leading teams; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Strong Experience with .NET and C#
- Strong with React
- Strong experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with mySQL
- Understanding Java is a plus
- Understanding of HL7 protocol is a plus
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team.
Account manager: Christopher
NOTES – 11/12/2018
For all Spok positions – a clarifying statement on the Qualifications and Desired Skills section:
– All qualifications bullets beginning with \"strong experience\" are \'required\' skills/experience
– All qualifications bullets beginning with \"experience\" are \'strongly preferred, but not required\' skills/experience
– All qualifications bullets beginning with \"understanding\" are \'preferred\' skills/experience