Valintry is seeking a Project Manager in Orlando, FL
- Provides the required leadership on multiple medium and large internal IT or business projects – including financial, scope, schedule and risk management responsibilities.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises them accordingly to meet changing needs and adapting the established project management processes and methodology.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of business projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of an Information Technology and Business project teams which are assigned.
- Works across multiple business areas to manage both IT and business deliverables.
- Participates in PMO process improvement initiatives and supports PM onboarding for new staff.
- 25% of your work week will be spent Developing communication plan to provide continuous communication to the project team members, customers, and project sponsors regarding the status of the project.
- 10% of your work week you will Identify resources needed to complete work and collaborates with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams and resources. Manages issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the Project Management Office.
- 15% of your week you will Determine project schedules, identify the critical path and potential risks. Effectively applies the scheduling standards and enforces them with the project teams. Leads Project Team to maintain project work plans and drafts required deliverables.
- 10% of your week will be spent Facilitating Project Reviews and provides information for audits, status reports, and Executive review meetings. Manages Project Expenditures both Forecast and Actual, (Capital Budget).
- 15% of your week you will Forecast, manage, and report on project financials, planned and actual project schedule, and resources utilization. Understands basic revenues models and cost to completion projections making decisions accordingly.
- 20% of your week you will be responsible and accountable for delivering medium to large projects
- 5% of your week you will participate in process improvement initiatives and PMO onboarding activities
- Minimum to None
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Project Management certification or equivalent
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience leading medium to large scale new application development or infrastructure deployment projects.
- Experience with and knowledge of multiple systems development life cycles, (i.e. Iterative, Agile, Waterfall, etc).
- Ability to lead a team and deliver all phases of complex systems assignments.
- Understands basic revenues models and cost to completion projections making decisions accordingly
- Master level of proficiency in MS Office Suite of products, (i.e. Visio, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc).
- Basic familiarity with Clarity or other Portfolio / Program Management Software
- 8 + years of experience in a Project Management role with a strong background in team development.
- 7+ years in an information technology capacity with understanding of various technologies including, applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity.
- Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Level of decision making authority:
- Limited- decision’s authority will be limited to scope, schedule, and cost of assigned projects with team input and all decisions documented within the current project management office process and procedures.
- The position will have authority to make modifications to the project, however changes in excess of 15% of project goals and deliverables will require approval.
Level of autonomy:
- Limited autonomy in areas of schedule/budget, position must receive direction on key project decisions affecting schedule, cost, and/or budget reviewed to ensure best interests of the corporation are driving the decision making process.
- Full autonomy in areas related to the development of the work plans and communication plans.
The impact of his/her decision on the organization:
- High impact- this position will be responsible for multiple medium- large sized projects and impact of key decisions will determine project resource workloads and affect delivery of key benefits once projects are delivered.
- No direct reporting relationships
- Responsible for schedule, scope, and financial cost of assigned projects. Schedule will vary depending on defined scope with typical projects running anywhere from several months to multiple year initiatives.
- Financial costs of projects can run up to several million dollars, be of high complexity and visibility based on technologies used, vendor engagement, project approach, and business impact.
- Depending on Business Unit Sponsor, projects will have varying impact on revenue and profit / expense for the organization
- Position will have matrix supervisory responsibilities as it pertains to project roles with project teams varying in size from 5 to 75 people.