Valintry is seeking a Project Manager in Winter Park, FL
- The Project Manager serves as an overall facilitator for New Product Development.
- Plans and coordinates all activities relating to design, product engineering, testing, quality assurance engineering, tooling, purchasing and manufacturing engineering.
- The main job responsibilities include managing customer timelines, managing customer project interface and ensure that projects are completed on time and on-budget.
- Define, plan and manage project milestone activities.
- Manage and direct a product development design or project team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines (electrical/firmware, mechanical/optics, software, testing, quality, and manufacturing engineering).
- Work with product management/marketing team to develop specifications.
- Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development or project requirements.
- Simultaneously set priorities/direction for assigned projects or programs.
- Act as the technical customer interface on OEM programs. Establish and build effective customer interfaces.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per engineering procedures.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Lead the program teams to deliver engineering/cost/quality goals and timing.
- Manage program budgets, as well as responsible for monitoring profitability metrics.
- Develop and use program timing plans to match internal and external customer requirements.
- Control, track and report program status throughout the program life.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Obtain program financial appropriation & capital funding releases, support capital forecast updates, coordinate business case updates.
- Responsible for leading project reviews and weekly tech reviews with the project team.
- Maintain program open issues log.
- Provide monthly program metrics and status including support data and problem resolution.
- Help develop processes and procedures to improve efficiency and maximize effectiveness of the team.
- Communicate the purpose and results of all significant customer meetings/visits etc.
- Working with sales and product management to highlight the identification of new ideas/business development opportunities within the customer.
- To maximize the value added of the company on each customer program ensuring the commercial business case is strong throughout the new product development process.
Support New Business Opportunities:
- Build relationships with key customer engineering contacts to ensure strong customer support and high customer satisfaction.
- Obtain and communicate information on customer technical needs to internal team.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field.
- 5+ years of project/program management experience launching product in a commercial/OEM environment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Comfortable to be an advocate for the customer and the company
- Familiarity with different NPD process a big plus (stage gate, agile…).
- Experience with optical-mechanical/electrical products a plus. Working knowledge of electronics, sensors or electromechanical parts.
- Understanding of machining, SMT and opto-electronic assembly a plus.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the product and support top level discussions with the Customer.
- APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA knowledge or experience a plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project, Office and Power Point.
- Attention to accuracy and detail a must.
- Ability to hold Team meetings and create/maintain Action items.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities and other company locations, including some international travel (10% typical).
- Ability to resolve conflict and direct the Team toward a common goal of meeting Customer milestones and project timing.
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Ability to understand and monitor project costs.
- Ability to provide direction to the various disciplines and prioritize the Team's focus is a must.
- PMI Certification a plus.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage