Senior IMS Database Administrator
This is a senior position responsible for the implementation and support of production, development, fail-over, and disaster recovery environments for enterprise-level database environments on the mainframe platform.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Make IMS PSB changes and PSB/ACB Gens, including DBCTL requirements for online PSBs; make IMS DBD chances and Gens, including DBCTL requirements for databases allocated to particular regions.
2. Programs and test software for a variety of billing systems and follows a structure implementation process to apply these enhancements.
3. When not performing IMS or Model204 DBA tasks, perform programmer analyst duties including: perform analysis and develop solutions; responsible for all phases of development life cycle from problem definition to implementation with heavy emphasis on analysis, programming, testing and implementation.
4. Diagnose and/or resolve issues with IMS Change Accumulation processing; find and resolve issues with DBRC or IRLM Locks using IMS Utility Jobs, including free-standing backouts
1. Collaborates with management and personnel from server, storage, and application support teams, as well as other groups within Information System and the organization.
2. Design, set up, document and monitor database backup procedures.
3. Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
4. Participate in application and database planning and implementation in conjunction with the applications team, departments, vendors, and the project team.
5. Works with technical staff to implement database software new releases and upgrades as well as managing the physical structure of the database subsystem.
6. Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure database efficiency and maintenance consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
7. Maintains performance measurement utilities, which support analysis of real time workload, response time and availability, as well as historical data for trend analysis and capacity management.
1. Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
2. 5-8 years related work experience required.
3. Strong skills in database high availability, backup and recovery techniques
4. Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage