The Sr. Release Manager is a high visibility high impact role in the organization. This is a highly seasoned hands-on person that interfaces across all IT functional teams and business stakeholders to plan, manage, communicate, and provide guidance and oversight on the release framework, governance and execution processes that support a successful release. This role works closely with the Agile Coaching Office to pursue Agile effectiveness and efficiency for the Agile teams, is a key driver for the release, and provides a vital link between the business and IT.
The Sr. Release Manager has overall accountability for:
- Ensuring that a committed portfolio of projects and functionality is aligning and implemented in a release
- Ensuring the release is implemented within the expected timeframe and meets the functional expectations of the stakeholders
- Managing and driving cross-project and release level risk to resolution throughout the release cycle
- Providing release communications and guidance to release teams and IT / Business leadership throughout the release cycle
The Sr. Release Manager role operates in a highly matrix environment, requiring strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to influence team members to accomplish desired release objectives. It requires advanced analytical and problem solving skills to be able to quickly assess problem situations and provide solutions in a timely manner to minimize any impact to the release. The ability to multi-task is critical as the Sr. Release Manager will be required to support other Release Management activities while supporting the assigned release.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Quality Managers, and Technical Support Managers to construct and to manage an overall release schedule for the releases and set the proper expectations as to functional deployment for the release.
- Identifies the components of the release, works to package them into a unified code base for testing, training and deployment, ensuring the integrity of Client Destination's production environment throughout the entire release cycle.
- Constructs and manages an overall release management schedule with milestones showing key dependencies between components of the release, key phase transitions for various components, key release activities such as shared testing phases, etc.
- Proactively monitors and controls all release aspects, and provide corrective actions and communications to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Works with the Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Quality Managers, Technical Support Managers and UAT Coordinator to ensure that risks and issues are assessed and managed on an ongoing basis.
- Develops risk mitigation strategies when teams are faced with constraints ensuring releases are on track and minimize impact due to any changes to release schedule.
- Defines and leads interim retrospectives during the release. Ensure that insights and actions from this meeting are recorded and addressed.
- Conducts an end-of-release close-out activity including a full "lessons learned” brainstorm and development of recommendations for future releases. Ensures that any company release process documentation is updated for these recommendations.
- Supports additional Release Management activities, such as develop or revise processes and metrics, develop options and recommendations, identify risks and develop mitigation strategies, drive cross-team collaboration and agreement, provide guidance and direction to teams, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area of study
- Project Management Certification
- Agile experience (certification preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Professional Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies such as applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity
- In depth knowledge of systems development life cycles and its application to project management efforts
- A thorough understanding of the business/client technology environment and systems, or sufficient external experience
Knowledge and skills
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and planning skills
- Strong general business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile methodologies and experience transforming release management from waterfall to agile
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders (release team members to executives) as appropriate through emails, deliverables, and presentations
- Works effectively with matrix teams to set, manage, and accomplish desired release objectives – this requires the ability to positively influence clients, team members, management, and external groups
- Basic Accounting
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
IT Recruiting Manager
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage