Senior Tax Manager – New York NY
We are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Manager specialized in Nonprofit tax returns to assist with management and business development of the firm’s exempt organizations group. The NFP tax group provides tax compliance and advisory services to Nonprofit Organizations, Private Foundations, Public Charities, Religious, Pension Trust/Benefit Plans and other charitable and tax-exempt organizations. Our compliance services include the preparation of 990, 990-T, 990-PF, and others.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to Tax-Exempt organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope, acting as the point of contact.
- Build and manage client relationships.
- Manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects.
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections and budget for projects.
- Advise clients and responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice.
- Assist Partner in Charge of group with all aspects; inclusive technical reviews, staff training/development/management, etc.
- Research and write complex tax issues and matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Masters in Taxation preferred.
- CPA designation required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in public accounting experience.
- Hands on experience with review and preparation of Form 990, Form 990-PF and state charitable registrations.
- Knowledge of unrelated business tax, benefit and other tax-exemption/non-profit organization issues.
- Experience with individual and corporate taxes a plus.
- Possess effective technical knowledge related to work engagements.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, critical/analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and proper application of rules, regulations and codes of conduct of relevant governing bodies (i.e. State Boards of Accountancy, IRS, AICPA, PICPA, etc).
- Must be comfortable and work well with a team of 8 individuals.