Senior Tax Manager – Republic, MO
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Our enjoyable atmosphere helps our people form relationships with coworkers and grow professionally. Our culture is professional, yet relaxed. We definitely get our job done, and done right, but we also like to have fun. Immediate client contact is another unique aspect of our firm’s culture. We hire good people, and we trust you to work almost immediately one on one with our clients. There is no set waiting period; we believe that you should personally get to know the clients you will be working with.
We believe in working as a team. As accountants, we constantly review each other’s work to ensure accuracy. We also depend on each other’s knowledge to solve hard problems or to find ways to better serve our clients. As part of the team, your input and knowledge are valued. We realize that you bring something to the firm that no one else could do in the exact same way.
- Oversee and coordinate tax planning/projections for business clients and their owners
- Review all types of tax returns for closely held businesses and their owners
- Review or complete tax research projects
- Gather and prepare information for federal or state tax auditors
- Provide proactive advisory and consulting services
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training and performance feedback to staff
- Energetic team member who strives to provide the highest quality of service
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service and work processes
- Proactively communicate relevant emerging tax issues and industry information to clients
- Service consulting engagements with large private and public companies on an as needed project basis
- Create new business opportunities by expanding existing client relationships, developing personal networks, and participating in industry and trade associations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed decision-making skills and initiative to make those decisions
- Capability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to conduct and analyze research
- Ability to remain organized while prioritizing a heavy workload
- Ability to comply with firm policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s preferred
- Active CPA license.
- At least eight years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience