Senior Tax Manager – Ridgeland, Mississippi
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
It’s about results, not the number of hours you work. So, we live life with Fearless Unrivaled Flexibility—a philosophy that values people, client service excellence and your unique career/life choices.
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of projects, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Resolves accounting and consulting problems as they arise.
- Provides supervision and the on-the-job training to staff assigned to project.
- Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates project’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
- Reviews with Manager or Partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Prepares or reviews financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between Manager or Partner and the client.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as “greeters” for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
- Develops relationships with clients and provides high quality client service. Adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Begins to learn cross-selling opportunities and refer those opportunities to more qualified professionals.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Performance Advisor or direct Supervisor proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Assists in marketing the Firm.
- Participates in Firm’s practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by Managers or Partners.
- Understands the Firm’s business on a day to day basis: billings and collections, proper utilization of staff, Firm policies and procedures, etc.
- Encouraged to join a community association related to his/her field after first year of employment with Performance Advisor approval prior to joining.
- Participates in Full Potential Development Program and serves as new hire buddy.
- Assumes individual responsibility to learn all new technology introduced by the Firm as appropriate for service/practice area.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity and number of projects managed
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.