Senior Tax Manager – Rockford IL
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
Senior Tax Manager in our Northern Illinois Region to focus on Commercial Enterprises. This individual manages client engagements to ensure outstanding client service. This individual will also ensure the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client's needs. Along with the duties listed below, they motivate and supervise the performance of staff, senior accountants, and managers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Lead and manage complex tax compmliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
• Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
• Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
• Communicate advice and answer questions of other associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
• Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
• Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
• Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision calculations completed by other associates • Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
• Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
• Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
• Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
• Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
• Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience • CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
• Requires a valid driver’s license
• Requires at 8+ years of job related experience
• Construction/Real Estate experience required
• Requires prior accounting and/or tax experience
• Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
• Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
• Experience making recommendations to management
• Prior public accounting experience required