Senior Tax Manager – SALT
VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced candidate interested in working in a people centered entrepreneurial environment. This key position will be an instrumental member in further developing and growing a dynamic State and Local Tax (SALT) practice. The candidate must have excellent knowledge and expertise in multistate Income/Franchise tax, Sales and Use Tax, tax credits and incentives, as well as practical experience working with companies that have faced challenging SALT matters. This position offers excellent opportunities for serving clients, business development, leadership and career advancement for the right candidate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex tax and accounting concepts and effectively apply work experience and technical expertise to client situations;
- Serve as a thought leader in the SALT practice and keep abreast of new and changing developments that impact clients in the area of SALT;
- Deliver SALT income/franchise services including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, nexus studies, tax credit calculations, multistate credit reviews, voluntary disclosure agreements, and assisting clients with handling state income/franchise tax audits;
- Deliver SALT sales & use tax services including registrations and tax compliance, taxability decision matrix, voluntary disclosures, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, nexus studies, refund recovery studies, and assisting clients with handling state sales tax audits;
- Participate in staff recruiting and supervise, mentor and develop staff level team members;
- Play a key role in new business generation and continued development of the client base within the service groups by identifying client needs and service offerings;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology; and
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive tax consulting experience
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of seven (7) years of public accounting experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584