- Responsible for database/system enhancements, new development, and support (SQL).
- Database capacity planning, installation, configuration, design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying efficiency, integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Work with project teams to implement new projects and ensure compliance with current standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical and non-technical staff.
- Plan, execute, and maintain software/hardware system implementations and upgrades.
- Work from project service level agreements and comprehensive project plans to ensure that results meet quality standards and client expectations.
- Maintain awareness of Database status, security and enhancements.
- Research and recommend solutions and plans for their adoption as required or beneficial to the organization.
- Identify options and recommendations for future standards best aligned with overall IT and business strategy.
- Seek new solutions for the design and development of future IT operations including infrastructure and upgrades to software applications.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for systems and applications.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use and user abuse.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues of considerable complexity. Test solutions for technical and business compatability.
- Consistently assess situations and suggest process improvement opportunities.
- Write SQL queries or scripts or use Reporting Services to data mine SQI data from existing databases on request or for troubleshooting.
- Maintain user access configurations and license consumptions.
- Develop documentation of systems, modifications, upgrades, and patches for existing systems and applications.
- Assist to provide training, documentation, expertise, technical solutions and assistance to those providing Help Desk Level 1 and Level 2 support. Document technical findings and log solutions activity in Help Desk System.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend resolution and preventative techniques.
- Assist with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of databases, systems, networking, security, enterprise, infrastructure, or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Respond to any range client technical requests or IT infrastructure issues, where solutions may require after hours support. Provide Level 3 customer technical solutions within the Service Level Agreements and standards. Receive requests via the Help Desk ticket system.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Stay current with technological developments in relative technology and provide adoption recommendations.
- Participate in all Operational and Maintenance rotational duties, including enterprise monitoring, incident support and on-call rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Highly skilled proficiency in Microsoft SQL server, SQL Mgmt Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), TSQL, and other applicable programs.
- Desired proficiency in Power BI, Visual Studio,
- Experience in creating/executing/automating scripts: i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, or other general reporting tools.
- Highly desired to have previous experience managing and configuring SQL monitoring tools, dashboards, alerts, and triggers.
- Overall knowledge and experience with VMWare, Microsoft Terminal Services, IIS, backups, Microsoft 365 Admin Portal, Azure, and general systems security.
- Overall general knowledge and ability to speak intelligently about networks and storage (SAN/NAS).
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Knowledge and experience with databases, integration, security, queries, theory and design.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Proven strength in positive listening, oral, and written communications with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy and clear communications.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field, and/or
- 7+ years of experience in increasingly responsible applicable software solution positions.
- Microsoft MCSA-SQL Server, MS Server
- ITIL Foundations Certification desired.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.