|As a member of the Software Development team, the MS SQL Database & BI Developer is responsible for the development of Business Intelligence components (ETL / SSIS packages and SSRS reports), stored procedures, triggers, views, and functions to support enhancements to critical SQL based business applications as well as all SQL Server maintenance, support, and upgrades (including monitoring, logging, performance tuning, capacity planning, migration, DR/BCP, PCI database compliance, and regulatory and security compliances). This position is best suited to someone that is self-motivated with regard to analysis and troubleshooting and able to remediate data integrity issues with minimal oversight.
- Supports of all aspects of the software and database development lifecycle including: requirements definition, design, development, test, deployment, documentation, and support
- Writing data warehousing/business intelligence queries
- Building and maintaining multiple database environments, building and maintaining DTS/SSIS packages and SSRS Reports, supporting IRS and state compliance audits, and numerous other activities that require access to the company's data.
- Participate in defining short-term and long-term database services direction and vision and will work with business process owners and IT team to deliver critical enterprise reporting services.
- Participate in generating system documentation such as data dictionary, Business Intelligence (BI) reporting, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for management and resolution of all database issues in a timely manner and share 24×7 support availability for critical systems, root-cause analysis and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor, resolve and communicate status of outstanding defects/change requests.
- Assist in the transition of system updates into the production environment.
- Develop and maintain documented processes and procedures to ensure consistent delivery of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Develop documentation and structured specifications.
- Develop task estimates, report project status, issues, and recommended resolutions to support project plans.
- Analyze and help define short-term and long-term services direction while working with business process owners to deliver critical enterprise reporting services.
- Works with Software Developers to address issues of data migration and integrity (validation, clean-up, mapping, and data modeling).
- Any other duties as assigned by management.