TAX DIRECTOR – Longview, WA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are accountants for a new age. After building our reputation in the industry for over three decades, we consider ourselves to be true “evolutionaries.” As progressive thinkers, we strive always to innovate, exploring new computer technologies and sustainable business practices to expand our services and client base. Being paperless and technically advanced means faster more efficient service. That’s really what it’s all about—how we can best serve you. Only by taking the time to get to know you can we develop a holistic approach to your financial growth. And it’s fun, too! We enjoy getting up in the morning to come to work. After all, what could be more fun than making dreams come true?
Tax Directors manage and supervise other team members. Directors must possess strong technical knowledge of personal, corporate and partnership tax planning, consulting, compliance and provision work. In addition to the preparation and review of tax returns, Directors participate in identifying and communicating complex client issues to client senior management. Directors must have effective communication skills and strong written and oral presentation skills. Directors participate in business development and are responsible for assisting Managing Directors and/or directly managing client billing and collections. Directors mentor Managers, Senior Accountants and Associates.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred;
- Advanced credential required (i.e. CPA, JD, CFP or CFA);
- At least 7 years relevant work experience with an accounting firm.
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues;
- Proven leadership and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; and
- Proficient use of technology including MS Excel.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
CPA, JD, CFP, or CFA required
Minimum 7 years of expjerience in public accounting