Tax Manager – Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
The firm offers its employees a stable, organized, and friendly business environment-lead by management that clearly supports and practices a team-oriented working approach. Adhering to a basic philosophy of hard work, dedication to our clients, and professional growth, we offer exemplary career opportunities for individuals ready to join a winning team. We offer full benefits including health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401K plan with company matching, and quarterly bonuses based on the overall performance of the company.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients' tax returns whether prepared personally or by supervision of others. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Tax Manager may have input on any tax issue presented.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates, manages, and performs tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assists and supervises tax preparers with the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firm's clients.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Participates in firm's practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- To qualify, you must have 5-7 years prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, both independently and as part of a team, required
- Must have exposure to a wide range of industries with experience in tax planning, consulting, research, and compliance review for our individual, corporate, and partnership clients
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
5+ years of experience required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.