CPA Tax Manager – Bethesda, MD
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. Current or/and very recent Public Accounting experience will be REQUIRED.
About this Opportunity:
Our firm is seeking an experienced Manager in our Tax Department. We are looking for a person with executive presence who has strong tax skills. Experience in corporate tax and working with closely held businesses and high net worth individuals is a must. The tax department is responsible for assisting clients with organizing their business and personal activities in such a way as to minimize their tax obligations to the fullest extent allowed. The tax department also helps clients comply with all federal, state and local tax filing obligations consistent with their tax minimization plans.
- Corporate tax expertise including multistate (SALT experience would be a plus)
- Review of federal, state, individual, partnership and corporation (both C & S) tax returns
- Tax Planning for high net worth individuals, closely held businesses, and corporations
- Tax research and preparation of research memorandums
- Participation in direct training of less experienced staff and involvement in tax department sponsored firm wide tax training seminars
- Thorough understanding and experience of tax compliance requirements for all types of entities including corporations (S & C), partnerships, individuals, non-profits and trusts
- Federal and state government audit representation and conflict resolution
- Supervises staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must possess sharp analytical skills, strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to client’s needs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and written, be technically competent, self-motivated and reliable to anticipate needs of clients, etc.
- Experience with Prosystem FX tax compliance software is a plus.
- Must be able to use online tax research resources and understanding the research process, and tax efficiency consulting techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; Master’s Degree is a plus
- Active CPA Certification
- At least 7 years of experience with a public accounting firm with an emphasis in tax
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
E: [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.