Tax Manager – Brea, CA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Since 1918, we have prided ourselves on our niche expertise. Our passions and work lives are one in the same and translate into several specialty areas. These areas include: agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution. We build trusting relationships with all of our clients in order to execute the most effective strategies to help them achieve their goals. Dedication and experience in tax, assurance, and consulting services are a must. We're looking for hardworking, inspiring people who truly want to see their clients succeed to join our team. We're grateful for your interest in becoming part of our professional family.
- Responsible for directing more than one engagement at a time and generally reports directly to the partner or director responsible for the engagement.
- Possess top communication skills, providing direction and technical guidance to junior staff.
- Lead primary contact with clients, ability to resolve tax related matters, support and build key relationships.
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships.
- Assist in the Firm’s administrative matters as directed.
- Fully administers client engagements as assigned.
- Communicate progress of work to partner(s)/Director.
- Prepare client billing information and assist in collection efforts.
- Develop new tax engagements from existing client work.
- Meet with prospective clients and attract them by demonstrating superior tax skills.
- Make recommendations to change policies or procedures to implement more effective department operations.
- Focus efforts on consulting with clients on moderate to complex issues; follow-up with innovative solutions to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Manage all aspects of client projects, including but not limited to, delegating tasks and assisting with resolution of project issues.
- Act as a mentor to accounting staff while providing constructive feedback and identifying needs for professional development.
- Manage preparation of federal, multi-state, international corporate (consolidated and separate), partnership individual returns, net-for-profit, and others as required.
- Supervise and timely complete multiple engagements simultaneously including staffing selection and review.
- Complete complex tax planning research assignments with multiple alternatives and presentations to clients.
- Recognize and take advantage of practice development opportunities.
- Keep up with emerging tax rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be technically proficient in broad based areas of taxation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required; Master's degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant license required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Minimum of 7-years of experience gained within a public accounting firm.
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.