Tax Manager – Cheboygan, MI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
About this opportunity:
Since 1941, our firm has provided one-on-one financial services to small businesses and middle-market companies throughout Michigan and beyond. We have grown to become one of the largest CPA, business consulting and financial services firms in the Midwest with over 800 associates in 15+ offices located in Michigan, Ohio and Florida.
- Prepares and manages the preparation of a broad range of individual, corporate, and other entity tax returns, including those with high degrees of complexity
- Identifies, resolves, and documents technical issues of high complexity; assists lower-level associates with resolution of issues
- Identifies changes in laws, regulations, or client situations that may require a change in approach or methodology for the client
- Directs and monitors the work of Intern, Staff and Senior level associates
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities at current clients
- Participates in activities to generate business with new clients
- Candidates must have 5-9 years relevant tax experience in public accounting or industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Candidate should have the ability to interact with clients, prospects, all levels of staff, and colleagues in a professional fashion
- Ability to self-direct, and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to lead and motivate Intern, Staff and Senior level associates
- Licensed CPA
- Career oriented, seeking advancement
Bachelor's in Accounting Required
Master's in Taxation Preferred
CPA Designation Required
5+ Years of Recent Public CPA Firm experience