Tax Manager – Ellicott City, MD
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size, and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Built upon the concept of collaboration and the belief experience, meeting our clients tax needs, and a customized service approach are what matter most.
The Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating and reviewing data for accurate and timely completion of tax projects. This position involves managing the workflow of Tax Associates and serving as a key member of the Tax department. The Tax Manager is responsible for providing advisory services to our clients and building and managing successful firm and client relationships.
- Coordinate, review, and sign state and federal tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, annual report filings and personal property tax returns.
- Perform advanced level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda.
- Apply functional knowledge to understand potential tax issues and participate in tax planning.
- Deliver high quality tax service and advice when contacting and advising clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently and within a team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the management team.
- Manage, mentor, and train Tax Associates and Senior Associates.
- Manage IRS audit processes.
- Develop and edit correspondence, memoranda, and other client deliverables as needed.
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong research and oral and written communication skills, and ability to articulate complex information.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and client service teams.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment in dealing with a variety of situations and issues.
- Proficient with tax preparation and workflow software including GoSystemsRS, Axcess Tax or Prosystem fx Tax, and GoFileRoom.
- Proficient with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- Certified Public Accountant license active
- Minimum of 5 years of tax and successful client consulting experience.
- Our firm has maintained a philosophy that providing comprehensive benefits to its employees is of the highest priority and offers a total benefits package that is competitive with other firms in the industry.
- In addition to wide-ranging health and paid time off benefits, we provide CPA exam support and expense reimbursement for CPA licensure, CPE and association membership fees.
- We support and work one-on-one with every member of our team to build a specific plan for their career development to meet personal and firm goals, encourage attendance in national training courses, and hold routine in-house training and development sessions for our staff and managers.