VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
About this Opportunity:
Founded 50+years ago, our client's firm has grown to be the largest Montana-based CPA and business advisory firms. Their team consists of more than 175 professional and administrative support personnel.
From the beginning, their firm was based on the principle of building relationships and providing excellent client service. Today, their mission remains the same… an unyielding commitment to a team-based, client-focused approach while providing services and solutions that help their clients succeed long into the future.
- Responsible for profitably managing significant work volumes, representing the firm in its relations with clients and others, and generating/maintaining a positive reputation at all times.
- Provides strong leadership within major firm endeavors, leads committees, coaches, mentors and trains staff.
- Responsible for meeting investment time and time management goals, personal revenue goals, and assisting staff in attaining the goals they're tasked with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary client contact for all services.
- Ensures the firm's services are coordinated and organized to best meet the client's needs and expectations. Including, but not limited to:
- Applying principles of success within the client relationship.
- Planning service delivery.
- Assigning appropriate staff to provide service.
- Supervising staff.
- Reviewing work or monitoring the review by others, as appropriate.
- Being responsible for timely service delivery.
- Consulting with staff as requested or as client issues arise.
- Submitting work products to the client for final approval and signature.
- Participates in the coaching and appraisal process.
- Planning for future services.
- Preparing internal reports regarding the client, as required.
- Accountable for initiating and billing for services if assigned billing responsibility.
- Initiates client invoices for approval and assists in prompt collection of receivables following firm standards and procedures.
- Responsible for managing a significant client base, recognizing the skills and expertise of other staff members, and utilizing those skills to enhance client service.
- Responsible for performance, supervision, and monitoring projects (client and administrative) as assigned.
- Manages engagements for maximum profitability and reports exceptions in service plans to individuals with direct client responsibility.
- Responsible for business relationships with clients, including originating and/or approving fee estimates, billing arrangements, engagement letters, and contracts.
- Responsible for helping determine the degree of client service involvement.
- Always promotes the best interests of the firm
- Highly knowledgeable of the client's organization, management, operation, and industry and provides a high level of service for the organization.
- Shares responsibility with the CM to see that the firm provides appropriate services as a business consultant.
- Arranges for other staff to meet with the client to discuss potential services. Consults with the CM, if appropriate.
- Maintains a strong working and active relationship with clients throughout the year.
- Tracks time on client engagements and maintains appropriate records according to firm standards.
- Develops personal working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Maintains high visibility in appropriate organizations to meet non-clients and market the firm's services.
- Identifies trends and opportunities in practice development, makes promotional efforts, and identifies and pursues new business.
- Identifies marketing and practice development goals, and monitors progress on achieving the goals as part of the annual performance work plan. Invests 20% of non-billable time in office/firm marketing efforts
- Possesses highest level of professional qualifications by pursuing technical expertise as well as personal development.
- Develops a thorough understanding of staff skills and knowledge base of staff.
- Coaches and mentors staff and plays a major role in the development and training of other staff.
- Actively participates in ongoing training to refine leadership and other soft skills and engages in self-directed skills development program.
- Maximizes employee energy, strengths, and capabilities to promote and ensure the perpetuity of the firm's mission, vision, and core values.
- Leads firm committees and major endeavors.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to understand firm financial operating objectives and demonstrate ability to assist the firm in attaining profitable objectives.
- Ability to recognize areas of potential client service, identifies needs, and discusses potential services with the client.
- Comprehensive mastery of writing and presentation skills including technical presentation tools and equipment. Must be able to execute superior oral and written proposals as well as written client reports.
- Comprehensive mastery of one or more practice areas.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating and application software.
- Superior ability to use other service area-specific application software.
- Outstanding leadership qualities.
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly in delivery of client service, supervision of engagement staff, and attaining personal goals and firm objectives.
- Strong research skills and superior ability to interpret and apply rules/regulations.
- Commitment to flexibility in adapting to changing situations and needs in a positive manner.
- Commitment to travel as necessitated by client engagements and administrative assignments.
- Demonstrated compliance with firm policies and ability to mentor compliance for others
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to assisting the firm in achieving its vision and goals and adheres to the firm's core values.
- Positive attitude and timely performance of assigned office and firm administrative projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 7 (seven) years supervisory/management experience in public accounting
- CPA Active and in good standing – Required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584