Tax Manager – Lake Mary, Florida
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
Possess complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy and is conversant with its quality control policies and procedures. Primarily responsible for larger and more complex engagements and may oversee two or more engagements simultaneously. Assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments, can review work papers and financial statements, and can communicate with clients on a one-to-one basis. Provides tax compliance, planning and consulting. Expected to participate in administrative planning, particularly in continuing education and personnel development. Supports the Firm's mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
- Ability to supervise engagements and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures
- Coordinate various phases of engagements: plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review working papers for accuracy and completeness, and review compiled or reviewed financial statements for suitability of presentation
- Resolve accounting and tax problems as they arise
- Maintain a steady relationship with clients throughout the business year
- Support training of staff members, offer guidance and direction and provide feedback of work papers and tax return preparation
- Assign work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities
- Ensure that work papers, financial statements, tax returns, representation letters and management letters are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards
- Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service including: communicate engagement's progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
- Review with manager or partner significant findings that raise questions involving tax implications and possible tax planning opportunities
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients and with management participation in selling these services
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Prepare staff evaluation reports
- Prepare tax returns of all types i.e. individual, corporate, partnership, estate, trust, gift, welfare benefit plan and various state income tax returns
- Research of technical tax issues
- Prepare tax projections
- IRS/State correspondence and resolutions Perform other assigned duties, as requeste
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of experience, including managerial, in public accounting
- Ability to communicate with client senior management
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing client satisfaction
- Understanding of clients' businesses; ability to become "functional expert"
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
5+ years of experience required
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.