VALiNTRYfinancial specializes in helping Highly Qualified CPA's find amazing new opportunities. As with all our Public Accounting roles, to be considered you must have 3+ years of current / recent U.S. based Public Accounting Firm experience and your U.S. State issued CPA License must be Active or in process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients’ tax returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Manager makes decisions on all but the most unusual tax situations.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firms’ clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Adheres to accurate and timely billing and collection processes are made.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms’ philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of Supervising Seniors, Seniors, Semi-seniors and Staff accountants.
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs.
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the Tax Department.
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
- Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
- At least five to seven years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to [email protected]
Please keep in mind that we can only work with CPA candidates with recent public accounting experience within the past 3 years.