Senior Tax Manager – Pleasant Hill, CA
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Do you have experience with estate taxes and individual tax returns and are interested in working in the East Bay with a flexible schedule? We have an opportunity for a person to work with our estate and trust group who would like to work full time during tax season and part time after, while still receiving full competitive benefits! We are a well-established 40 person firm located near Walnut Creek, CA that provides growing career opportunities and supports work life balance. Full time option available also.
Our client is one of the world’s leading independent audit, tax and advisory firms, boasting more than 10,000 professionals in over 60 countries World-Wide.
Advantages for you:
- Successful and growing firm for over 40 years
- Excellent career opportunities
- Working with a closely bonded team of professionals
- Competitive compensation including benefits and 401k/Profit Sharing
- 4 week vacations + 6 personal days + 9 paid holidays + flex Fridays
- A firm committed to client service resulting in long term relationships and referrals
- Open door policy with partners and managers for collaboration and support
- Team building events and camaraderie
- Person with a minimum of 5 – 7 years
- Experience and interest in the preparation and review of estate and trust returns
- Preparation and review of individual tax returns
- Has their CPA license
- Masters in Tax a plus
- Demonstrates a high level of technical tax proficiency
- Researches complex tax issues and is a creative problem solver
- Has well developed consulting and business development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- We are looking for someone to assist with our estate and trust clients.
- This person will be involved in the preparation and review of estate and trust returns, as well as working with individual tax clients.
- We are looking for a person who is interested in further developing their expertise in the area of estate planning.
- This person applies tax expertise and interprets laws, regulations and standards to formulate client related recommendations.
- They work with partners, clients and senior accountants to identify, explain, and resolve tax issues.
- BS/BA in accounting required: Master's in Accounting preferred
- CPA required
- 5-7 years of public accounting experience
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.